iHeartMedia kicked the summer off with the 2019 iHeartRadio Wango Tango Presented by The JUVÉDERM Collection of Dermal Fillers on Saturday, June 1 at the Dignity Health Sports Park, formerly StubHub Center. Hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Jordin Sparks, the star-studded event celebrated all things summer with performances from today’s hottest artists including Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, Halsey, 5 Seconds of Summer, Zedd, Ally Brooke with Special Guest Tyga, Ava Max, Fletcher and TOMORROW X TOGETHER. Freeform will exclusively broadcast a 90-minute television special of iHeartRadio Wango Tango on Friday, June 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The event also broadcasted live on more than 100 iHeartRadio stations and livestreamed on LivexLive.com.
Saturday kicked off with the 2019 iHeartRadio KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Village Presented By California Earthquake Authority. The free daytime event featured live performances by Ally Brooke, CNCO, Madison Beer and Jake Miller, with Special Guest Host Asher Angel from the blockbuster film Shazam!
The music of the iHeartRadio app came to life with an extraordinary lineup and these special moments:
• Jonas Brothers reunited on the Wango Tango stage after 11 years to perform new songs from their upcoming album, Happiness Begins, including hit single, “Sucker,” and “Cool” as well as a medley of their fan favorites including, “Burning Up,” “Year 3000,” “Lovebug” and more.
• Halsey surprised the crowd by bringing out her boyfriend, YUNGBLUD, to perform their track “11 Minutes.” Before hitting the stage together, Halsey performed hit songs, “Bad At Love,” “Eastside,” and “Now or Never.”
• 5SOS kicked off summer at with new hit single, “Easier” as well as “She Looks So Perfect,” “Who Do you Love,” “Jet Black Heart,” “Want You Back” and fan favorite “Youngblood.”
• Zedd brought the fire to Wango Tango – the DJ transformed the official kickoff into a massive dance party, remixing a variety of his hits, including “Clarity,” “Stay the Night,” “The Middle” and “Starving.”
• Ally Brooke kicked off her set with “Vámnos.” Surrounded by a group of dancers in neon outfits, Ally continued with her brand new song “Lips Don’t Lie” (featuring A Boogie wit da Hoodie) and a cover of Selena’s “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” telling the crowd, “When I was a little girl I always dreamed of being like Selena.” She finished her set by performing her hit single “Low Key,” with special guest, Tyga.
• Taylor Swift closed out Wango Tango celebrating Pride in a rainbow ensemble. The songstress had the crowd on their feet throughout her set which included her hits, “”Shake It Off,” “Blank Space,” “Trouble,” “Love Story,” an acoustic version of “Delicate,” “Style” and more. She closed the show by surprising the crowd with special guest, Brandon Urie from Panic! At The Disco to perform their new song, “ME!”.