iHeartMedia kicked the summer with the 2018 iHeartRadio KIIS FM Wango Tango By AT&T on Saturday at the Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles. Hosted by Ryan Seacrest, the star-student event celebrated all things summer with performances from today’s hottest artists including Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, Meghan Trainor, Backstreet Boys, 5 Seconds of Summer, NF, Marshmello, Logic, Miguel, Sabrina Carpenter, Janelle Monae and more. A 90-minute television special was also broadcast on Freeform channel on Sunday night.
The weekend event kicked off with KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Village. The free daytime event featured live performances by Jack & Jack, Sabrina Carpenter, Lauv, Logan Henderson, Bryce Vine and Farrah Mechael.
The music of iHeartRadio came to life with an extraordinary Wango Tango lineup and included these special moments:
• Ariana Grande had the crowd on their feet throughout her set which included hits, “One Last Time,” “Dangerous Woman,” and more, plus newly released single “No Tears Left To Cry.” She also surprised the crowd with a special debut of a new song, “The Light Is Coming” featuring Nicki Minaj from her upcoming album, Sweetener due out this August.
• Shawn Mendes performed new songs from his newly-released self-titled album including “In My Blood,” “Lost In Japan” and “Nervous” in addition to fan favorites, “There’s Nothing Holding Me Back,” “Stiches,” “Mercy,” and more.
• Backstreet Boys are officially back and celebrated 25 years together by gracing the iHeartRadio Wango Tango crowd for the fifth time with songs from over the last two-and-a-half decades. The band performed “Larger Than Life,” “The One,” “We’ve Got It Going On,” “I Want It That Way,” “Everybody,” and their brand new single, “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.”
• Lance Bass of *NSYNC made a special appearance and helped create a rainbow-filled moment by asking everyone in the stadium to wave their rainbow flags to acknowledge Pride and the efforts of the Trevor Project.
• To continue celebrating Pride, Meghan Trainor also had the entire Banc of California Stadium wave their rainbow flags in the air during her song, “Like I’m Gonna Lose You.”
• Marshmello closed out this year’s Wango Tango with an electrifying set and brought out Logic for a special performance of their collaboration, “Everyday.”
• Sabrina Carpenter kicked off the event with a premiere of her brand new single, “Almost Love.”
• 5SOS performed new songs from their upcoming album, Youngblood, due out June 15.