XPN Jobs: Development Associate
WXPN, the non-commercial radio station of the University of Pennsylvania, is looking for a Development Associate.
WXPN, a public radio station offered as a service of the University of Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of Development Associate. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position with benefits. The Development Associate will work closely with WXPN Membership Team to raise funds from the WXPN audience to support our nonprofit, public service. WXPN is seeking a friendly customer service professional with a passion for arts & culture, and an interest in fundraising to fill this position and assist in development work for the organization. In addition to providing service and support to WXPN members, the Development Associate will assist the Membership Team with routine fundraising communications and tasks, support key staff with data entry and analysis, and occasionally cover the front desk.
* Associate degree in a related field or 2-years equivalent experience.
* Ability to write professional correspondence using correct grammar without a template.
* Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take ownership of the position.
* Display good judgment and diplomacy skills in working with various levels of both internal and external stakeholders, providing excellent customer service via telephone or in person.
* Ability keep conversations and information confidential as appropriate.
* Preferred Skills:
* Experience working in development or fundraising.
* Salesforce familiarity.
* Passion for music. Send this job to a friend: https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/37702 Reference No.: 81-29094 Level: PT/21 Employment Type: Part Time, Exempt.
How To Apply
Formal application for this position MUST be made through the University of Pennsylvania Online Employment System on the https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu website. When you “search open positions” enter the job reference no., and click on “search.”
Deadline for Applications: July 6, 2018 No phone calls, please.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. (Posted: 6/19/18)
KSLZ Morning Co-Host in St. Louis, Missouri
Job Summary: Morning show co-host.
• Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
• Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
Education: 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
Certifications: None required
St. Louis, MO: 1001 Highlands Plaza Drive West, Suite 200, 63110
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us.
LINK HERE TO APPLY: https://iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External_iHM/job/St-Louis-MO/KSLZ-Morning-Co-Host_Req12313 (posted: 6/15/18)
WXPN Jobs: Sales Rep
WXPN, the non-commercial radio station of the University of Pennsylvania, is looking for a Sales Representative.
Work directly with Sales Director to design and implement sales efforts targeted to potential corporate sponsors for local programming and digital assets. Meet established sales and collections goals. Manage current accounts to ensure timely collection and to increase renewal revenue. Prospect for new business. Perform other work as needed, including: compile personal weekly sales and activities reports, work with the Traffic Department to ensure that contract confirmations are accurate and that sponsorship announcements are written, approved, scheduled and run appropriately. Work with other station departments including marketing, events and programming as necessary. Attend staff meetings, industry conferences when appropriate, and networking events.
BA/BS or equivalent education required. At least two years of hands-on experience in sales, corporate promotion, or marketing required. Experience with selling radio advertising will be an asset. Experience in public radio or television will be an advantage. Experience in using audience research tools such as products produced by Arbitron, Scarborough, Tapscan and others, and in presenting audience data to prospective clients is desirable. Experience in the music and record business will be helpful. Familiarity with Salesforce database system will be helpful.
Send this job to a friend: https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/37200
Reference No.: 81-28924
Level: 025 (commission base compensation)
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt, 8:30am – 5:30pm.
How To Apply
Formal application for this position MUST be made through the University of Pennsylvania Online Employment System on the https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu website. When you “search open positions” enter the job reference no. 81-28924, and click on “search.”
Deadline for Applications: June 21, 2018
No phone calls, please.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. (posted 5/25/18)
LM Communications 105-5
LM Communications 105-5 The Bridge is looking for the new voice (and face) of our AAA. If you’re a hard working broadcaster interested in working for a private owner in the most beautiful city in the south we’d like to talk with you. Social media skills must be superb and your breaks must be concise and local. Laid back, adult delivery is a must and and your street presence is critical to the success of our brand. Work ethic, accepting creative guidance, experience in the format and great production skills will make the difference in who we hire. Send MP3 demo and resume with references to; email@example.com. No calls please. EOE (posted 4/3/18)
FMQB is always looking for interns. Candidates should preferably have solid writing skills and an interest in journalism. Good office skills and phone technique is essential. Interns must receive college credit for their work.
Mail, fax or e-mail your cover letter and resume to: FMQB, Executive Mews, 1930 E. Marlton Pike, Suite F-36, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003. Fax (856) 424-6943. Phone (856) 424-9114. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.